Welcome to the sTeX Project: Semantically enhanced TeX/LaTeX
sTeX is a collection of TeX macro packages that allow to markup TeX/LaTeX documents semantically without leaving the document format, essentially turning TeX/LaTeX into a document format for mathematical knowledge management ... more, project news, documentation, case studies
- sTeX facilitates a more "object-oriented" way of writing LaTeX by focusing on semantic macros which are inherited by sTeX modules. This leads to an significantly more powerful way of reusing and sharing document fragments. See the best practices for more information.
- sTeX allows 'semantic preloading', i.e. the embedding of semantic information in the document sources that can be used by sTeX-based semantic services or in the transformation to dedicated XML-based formats like OMDoc. Such formats allow the generation of flexible web-based derived documents from sTeX sources.
- sTeX can be installed by downloading the sTeX distribution from the subversion repository. This also offers comprehensive documentation of the sTeX packages and automation of the XML transformation.
This page is mainly concerned with the sTeX project but also hosts our other semantic LaTeX packages:
- the sTeX format (see outstanding issues)
- the Proposal classes (see outstanding issues)
- the ednotes? package
The 10 latest news are shown here; see the full listing (with RSS feed) for more news and more details. Please feel free to comment on the news items in the tickets.
Results (1 - 10 of 11)